Thursday, April 03, 2003

Nostalgia

I always seem to associate a song or several songs with a period of my life in which I listen to them a lot.

Time is racing ahead. I can't stop it. Neither can anyone else. Nostalgia.

When I listen to songs such as Le Jour s'est Lev, one of the three incomprehensible French songs I got in exchange for three songs by Luo Dayou with a Frenchman, it never fails to reminds me of those days at Brightsun in Harbin, when I just began to learn of the Internet as a new guy at the company with the brand-new status of being an employee after years of being an English student.

Wei-ai-chi-kuang (Crazy About Love) by Liu Ruoying brings me back to those days when I was beginning to learn love, yet another brand-new topic to a freewheeling, awkward, and stupid boy.

And shengxia-de-guoshi (Fruits in Midsummer) by Mo Wenwei comes to me as a reflection of those lovely summer days in Harbin.

Now, new songs, which now I'm not aware of, will serve, when I listen to them again in the future, as nostalgic ones associated with my beginning days in Beijing. Even Delta ForceⅠwill come to me as my first ever computer game I have played for years, when mom is Beijing to see me and US and Britain are invading Iraq.

Time, you don't stop continuing and we don't stop aging and dying.

No comments: